Saturday, April 14, 2018

Typing Test Tech Tip

I did the typing test tech tip this week, because I consider myself to be a fairly quick typer. I grew up with computers and I am a scribe in the ER, which involves a fair amount of typing. I used KeyHero.com and was found to have a 90% accuracy rate and type at 80 WPM. My score went down to about 75 WPM when my accuracy rate went to 100%. I liked this test for the length, it was very short, but I did not like that it counted it as inaccurate even if you took the time to go back and fix the typo. Past typing tests I have taken do not count errors if you take the time to go back (thus sacrificing WPMs) to correct your mistakes. I think that is considered fairly fast, and has certainly been fast enough to serve my purposes in class and at work. Quick typing is crucial and will only become more of a required general job skill as time goes on and technology becomes more and more integrated into our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment