Friday, April 13, 2018

Growth Mindset: Bad Resolutions

I read Don’t Waste Your Time With Bad Resolutions. This Is How to Do Them Right. (Link). I actually thought this was a fantastic article. I have read numerous articles on how to set resolutions that are constructive and I did not know if this article would have any new information for me but it did. One thing it said that I have heard before is to set specific, measurable goals. This makes sense because just saying "I'm going to lose weight" is a lot less achievable and motivating than "I am going to lose five pounds in the next month". But one thing that it said that really surprised me is that too much positive thinking can stifle your progress and motivation. We hear all the time how healthy and great unconditional positive thinking is, but this article states that optimistic visualization of the future can make us not do anything to change it now. The article says to be positive, but realistic and I thought this was really good advice because I find myself doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment